General Tips on Crafting a Statement for Your Restaurant
When crafting your restaurant’s mission statement there are several things you should do. The first step is to read the 21 example mission statements in the next section. This will provide you with a better idea of the type of mission statements you should be aiming for.
Beyond that, try these tips:
- Keep it short. Most mission statements range from a single sentence to a short paragraph.
- Be specific. Don’t waffle about vague goals. Keep your mission statement specific to your restaurant and to the point.
- Keep it grounded in reality. Your mission statement should reflect the service you plan to offer. A fast-food restaurant that offers burgers and pizza shouldn’t talk about trying to help customers lead healthier lives, for example.
- Consider customer expectations. If you are already open, thinking about why guests come to your restaurant could help guide your statement.
- Don’t limit yourself. If your statement talks about providing the best tacos in the area, be sure you aren’t planning to expand to new locations or serve different types of food.
- Consult employees. When creating your statement, get a second opinion from employees or business partners. Ask if the statement resonates with them.
- Don’t be afraid to change. If your company goals do change, you can always adjust your statement.
21 Restaurant Mission Statement Examples
This next section includes 21 restaurant mission statement examples, as well as some value and vision statements.
Many of the restaurant mission statements are part of a larger ‘About Us’ or story page that delves deeper into the company’s background.
Mission: To deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives.
Values: Proactive, Respect/Win-Win, Growth, Great Operations, Giving (the company goes into more detail about each of these on its website).
Mission: We Stand For Something Good in everything we do: This means carefully sourced premium ingredients from like-minded purveyors we admire and love; thoughtful, well-crafted and responsible design for its place; and deep community support through donations, events and volunteering.
Mission: Our aim is to provide a fun and safe environment where our customers can enjoy good food made with quality ingredients at affordable prices.